The President of the Republic of Somaliland, H.E. Mr. Muse Bihi Abdi has issued a presidential decree (JSL/XM/XKQ/222/1-713/092021), dismissing government officials and appointing new ones.
The Presidential Decree reads as follows:-
To: Axmed Cige Maxamed Geeddi,
Former Governor of Hawd Region
To: Axmed Cismaan Xasan Cilmi,
Former Governor of Sanaag Region
To: Axmed Xasan Cabdi Carwo,
Former Director General of the Central Bank
To: Maxamed Sheekh Faarax Cumar,
Former Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Ports and Free Zone Authority
To: Abiib Xaamud Jibriil,
Former Member of DP World Berbera Board of Directors
Ladies and Gentlemen,
As you well know, the responsibility of the state is to rotate so that it can delegate to those who are fit to handle it. As such, I have decided that as of today, you shall be removed from your positions and responsibilities. Thank you for your service and time in the office.
Having Seen: Article 90 of the Constitution of the Republic of Somaliland;
Having Seen: Their knowledge, ability and experience;
Having Understood: That they are capable of taking on the responsibilities of this positions;
Having Done: Consultations
I have Decided;
As of today, I am appointing the following officials:
- Maxamed Cilmi Ahmed Maxamuud, Governor of Marodi-jeex Region
- Maxamed Diiriye Xayd Nuur, Governor of Daad-madheedh Region.
- Maxamed Cilmi Xuseen Axmed, Governor of Sanaag Region.
- Axmed Yaasiin Maxamed Faarax, Governor of Hawd.
- Maxamed Cabdillaahi Ibraahim Xujaale, Governor of Togdheer.
- Mukhtaar Cabdi Quule Maxamuud, Director General of the Central Bank.
- Siciid Shugri Xuseen Cali, Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Ports and Free Zone Authority.
- Axmed Xaaji Daahir Cilmi Ducaale, Member of DP World Berbera Board of Directors.
- Jaamac Xaaji Axmed Cabdi Muuse, Member of the National Human Rights Commission.