Yesterday morning, a national meeting was held at the Presidential Complex to discuss the ongoing situation in Las-Anod. The meeting was attended by H.E. Musa Bihi Abdi, President of the Republic of Somaliland, accompanied by H.E. Vice President Abdirahman Saylici, and the leaders of two opposition parties Wadani and Ucid. Together, they issued the following resolution:-
- To resolve the conflict in Las-Anod in a peaceful way and avoid anything that could add more fuel to the fire.
- We, national parties, welcome and support the ceasefire announced by the government of Somaliland and urge all sides to accept it.
- To resolve the disagreements of the national parties regarding the upcoming elections, we have assembled a joint committee from all parties to put together recommendations for our next meeting.
- Immediate aid will be provided to all those displaced due the conflict in Las-Anod.
- National issues should be discussed and addressed together.