The President of the Republic of Somaliland chaired the 88th cabinet meeting at the presidential mansion. Flanked by the VP, the cabinet ministers issued the following statement.
- Somaliland Government is grateful to the UK Parliament on the sovereignty of the Republic of Somaliland. The UK Parliament has deeply acknowledged the facts on the ground.
- Likewise, the Republic of Somaliland is thankful for Gavin Williamsonon bringing this historic motion to the floor of the House of Commons and for his tireless efforts in Somaliland’s quest for international recognition.
- Similarly, the Republic of Somaliland thanks for Somaliland Diaspora in the UK and across the world for calling international recognition that Somaliland deserves.
- The cabinet ministers express their sincere gratitude to Somaliland diaspora in the UK and in abroad for their overwhelming support to the motion and urge them to sign one million petitions.
- Last but not least, the Government of Somaliland lambastes for Mogadisho administration on threatening the sovereignty of this nation. This move could only promote the hostilities between the two countries.