Yesterday was the 108th session of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Somaliland, chaired by the President of the Republic of Somaliland, H.E Musa Bihi Abdi, and accompanied by the Vice President of Somaliland, Abdirahman Abdilahi Ismail. The meeting discussed various issues related to national development and security.
At the end of the meeting, the Cabinet issued the following statement:-
- On December 26 2022, all of Somaliland including Sool region was preparing for the registration of voters for the elections, but this coincided with the violence that recently took place in the city of Las Anod. As always, Somaliland will do everything to protect its people and territories from terrorism and piracy.
- All the armed forces in Las Anod including those from the Somali Regional Government of Puntland, Federal Government of Somalia and the Somali Regional State of Ethiopia, should immediately leave all territories within the border of the Republic of Somaliland.
- The government of Somaliland is always ready to resolve the conflict in Las Anod through dialogue and adheres to the unconditional ceasefire it announced before.
- The Council calls on the people of Somaliland and the international community to contribute to the humanitarian aid for all the people displaced from the conflict in Las Anod.
- The Council commends the Somaliland National Army for adhering to the government’s decision and remaining in their positions.