Somaliland is ready for the dialogue but the dialogue must be meaningful.
Somaliland position is as follows:
1. Somaliland insists on a Two-state process and a Two-state solution.
Because we were two independent states that voluntary united on 1 July, 1960. Additionally, Somaliland has for the past 31 years been an independent state enjoying peace and stability. During that period, Somaliland had implemented multiple rounds of free and fair elections. There were 5 peaceful presidential transfers of power in Somaliland. Three of them through direct elections.
2. All previous agreements must be respected and implemented with immediate effect. This is the only way to build confidence.
3. There must be an impartial and neutral International Mediation Mechanism that also guarantees the outcome of the dialogue.
4. There must be a secretariat to manage the record keeping. The secretariat must be competent, professional, neutral and impartial and strictly confidential.
5. There must be key Principles and a Code of Conduct upon which the Dialogue will be based.
6. There must a Substantive Agenda addressing the core issues of the dispute between the parties.
7. The Dialogue must have a finite timeframe.
December 6, 2022